Strainsert now offers two load pin optional features: the Analog 4-20 mA Strain Gage Module and the DSC (DCell) Digital Strain Gage Module; both of which are mounted inside a Strainsert force sensor in either a single bridge, dual bridge or biaxial configuration and optimal for applications that require high measurement accuracy, resolution, and stability.
The major advantages include:
• Eliminates the need for external signal conditioner and interconnections
• Ideal for both single and multiple sensor systems
• Miniature package that fits within Strainsert force sensor body
• Targeted for sensor applications which require transmission over long distances
• Optimal for applications in the Aerospace, Marine, Industrial Weighing and Automotive industries
The Analog 4-20 mA Strain Gage Module converts bridge sensor output into a 4-20 mA current loop. It can be powered by a standard DC power supply (7.5 to 36VDC) and is measured by remote instrumentation. Outputs can be configured for either UniPolar or Bi-Polar operation.
The DSC (DCell) Digital Strain Gage Module offers up to 500 readings/second. It converts a bridge sensor output into a digital signal and communicates using standard or custom bus protocols.
Outputs include RS-485 and CAN. Protocols include ASCII, CAN and Modbus. Software tools are also included for interfacing with device configuration, calibration, datalogging and recording.
Contact Strainsert Engineering for assistance with mounting options using either standard and custom solutions, systems integration, or software development.