About the Strainsert Online RMA System
The Strainsert Company offers services for the recalibration, repair and / or rework of Strainsert strain gage force measurement and electronic products. In addition, Strainsert may offer recalibration services of other manufacturers strain gage-based force load cells and pins. The Strainsert RMA system is aimed at improving the accuracy, efficiency, turnaround time and customer satisfaction. This instruction is provided to answer questions about completion of the online RMA request. If you have any additional questions, please call +1 (610) 825-3310 or email email@example.com
Contact Information: Please provide your contact information and best method of contact so that we can contact you if we have questions or require your authorization. The accuracy of this information will ensure that your request is processed completely and efficiently.
Billing / Return Shipping Information: At some point before the return of your equipment, we will need this information to expeditiously complete all work and return to you. The accuracy of this information will ensure that your request is processed completely and efficiently.
Total Number of Items: Indicate the total number of load sensors and / or displays and signal conditioners to be returned for service.
Expedited Service: Strainsert offers expediting services. Expediting times may vary based on current workload, order size and part availability. For an estimate of expediting times, its’ recommended that you call +1 (610) 825-3310 to discuss details of your requirements. Please have your serial number available for Expedited Services.
Return Information: Please fill out Item Information section for each item being sent.
- Item No.: A number used to reference an item (typically numerically sequential)
- Serial No.: List the serial number found on the load sensor nameplate or etched on the part.
Sensor serial numbers usually start with the letter “Q” (Qxxxxx-xx)
- Model No.: List the model number found on the load sensor nameplate or etched on the part.
Reason for Return (Check one or more):
- Calibration Requirements: Standard calibrations performed at the Strainsert calibration lab are NIST traceable. ANSI\NCSL Z540 and ISO 17025 compliant calibrations are available upon request for force products up to 500,000-lbs. Force product calibration greater than 500K-lb are NIST traceable only. Unless otherwise directed, Strainsert will perform the recalibration procedure of all products in accordance with the original calibration requirements. Most common force calibrations are performed to capacity. Calibration load steps are usually performed to capacity and in load intervals of 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%. Calibration data are reported on a Strainsert Calibration certificate in units of mV/V, volts, milliamps or force units (i.e. lbs., Kg, etc.) which represents the relationship of the product to force applied according to the original calibration.
- Load Cell Calibration Direction: Standard universal load cells, clevis pins, tension links, bolts and studs are typically calibrated in the tension direction. If no other direction is specified, the tension direction is assumed as the direction of calibration unless specified otherwise. Standard compression load cells and compression spacers are calibrated in the compression direction only and typically provide a positive polarity for output signal.
- Calibration Loading:
Standard and Custom Clevis Pins – Tension Direction Load Only 5-Point Calibration to capacity (*)
Universal Flat Load Cells – Tension Direction Load / Unload 5-Point Up / Down Calibration to capacity (*)
Compression Flat Load Cells – Compression Load / Unload 5-Point Up / Down Calibration to capacity
Tension Links – Tension Load / Unload 5-Point Up / Down Calibration to capacity
Load Bolts and Studs – Tension Load to capacity. The number of load points depends on the original calibration requirements. Typically, either a Load Only 5-Point calibration or a 1-Point Proof Load
(*) Calibration in compression mode must be stated by requestor.
- System Calibration: A system calibration utilizes a readout / signal conditioner to scale and adjust the calibration for the recording of engineering units on the calibration certificate.
- CAL-6 Bench Calibration: All Strainsert and 3rd party supplied electronic displays and signal conditioner bench calibrations are performed with a calibrated strain gage bridge simulator. All bench calibrations of electronic instrumentation are NIST only. ANSI\NCSL and ISO 17025 certificates are not available for bench calibrations.
Warranty: Any defect to a Strainsert manufactured product within the 2-years of the original purchase is covered under the Strainsert warranty. Please describe the suspected defect in detail.
Repair: State with as much detail as possible about the required repair (i.e. No output, output is open, broken cable or connector, etc.
NOTE: ANY KNOWN REPAIRS NOT IDENTIFIED CAN RESULT IN DELAYS IN PROCESSING.
Evaluation: Describe the nature of the evaluation which Strainsert is to perform. Strainsert charges an evaluation fee. No repairs are performed without a written estimate and customer approval. Evaluation fees are waived if repairs are authorized.
Other: Describe any special requests for special processes such as liquid penetrant inspection, customer witnessing, etc.
Special Instructions: If you have any special requirements, please note them in this section or call ahead.
NOTE 1: AFTER RECEIPT OF YOUR RMA NUMBER, PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF YOUR RMA
CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND INCLUDE IN THE SHIPPING CONTAINER WITH YOUR RETURN(S).
NOTE 2: PLEASE INDICATE THE RMA NUMBER ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE RELATED TO YOUR RETURN.