Custom Force Sensing Bolts and Studs
In addition, to our Standard Hex Head Bolts, 12-Point Bolts and standard Force Sensing Studs, Strainsert manufactures many custom force sensing fasteners tailored for unique applications, installations, and special requirements. These may include customer provided fasteners, modifications to common or standard fasteners, or new force transducer designs.
The internally gaged bolts and studs (invented by Strainsert, U.S. Patent #2,873,341) are designed to accurately measure fastener tensile forces. Compression designs can also be provided.
The instrumented fasteners allow direct, accurate and repeatable force measurements from 1/4″ diameter to over 4″ diameter in all types of fasteners and materials. See our standard force sensing bolt and stud general product information page for details.
- Years of experience gaging aircraft quality bolts and many other types of standard and state of the art materials (MP 35N, Inconel, Monel, A286, Titanium, etc.)
- Minimal outgassing materials
- Small installation holes allow for greater load carrying capability
- Measurement accuracy (<1% F.S.,typically)
- Gage installations are two patterns in series, 180 degrees apart in small holes (Minimizes errors due to bending and torque)
- Quarter-Bridge and Full-Bridge gage installations with ratings up to 300 degrees F
To discuss a custom bolt or stud application, please contact Strainsert for an engineering discussion. For an engineering evaluation of your transducer application, please select our Request for Quote form and request a link for a custom bolt or stud questionnaire.
See some examples of custom bolt and stud designs below.
- Measurement of Preload in Critical Assemblies
- Inspection of Preload after Assembly, Shipping and Prior to Use
- Provides Overload Detection resulting from External Loading
- Used as Measurement Tool during Actual/Simulated Service Conditions (Shock, Vibration, Gasket/Joint Relaxation, etc.)
- Feedback to Control Systems
- Provides for Direct Analysis of Components under Investigation
Strainsert - for superior internally gaged force transducers.
Strainsert stands for:
- Product Quality
- Knowledgeable Technical Staff
- Standard and Custom Designs
- Customer Service
- Comprehensive Testing
For information on load pins, force sensing bolts, load cells, tension links or our high quality custom products, Contact Us for further assistance.